Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little Miss Photogenic

I'm excited to share the first of one of my practice photo shoots!  My friend Kathryn, was ready for new pictures of her girls and I was, of course anxious to practice some more portraits.  I really can't even take much credit for these, they were the easiest pictures I have ever taken!  First, little Miss A is SO photogenic!  I say "look at me and smile" and she does it!  What a gem she is!  Why can't my own daughter do this?!  Second, Kathryn new exactly what she wanted for the photos, made for an incredibly easy photo shoot!  Here are some of my favorites...





So, what do you think?  Comments and critiques are much appreciated!  

My goal for the new year was to learn to shoot in manual mode, and though I have not done it yet (these are shot in the portrait mode on my camera) I am so excited to be taking my first workshop next month!  I am so anxious to learn and am excited to see what I can do!  

3 comments:

kate said...

really lovely! great compositiion. that second one is my favorite! the lighting seems just perfect and her eyes stand out. what a pretty subject, too. good work! i'm so excited for you to learn manual! it's so easy, you'll be wondering why you didn't do it forever ago. :)

Jana said...

These pictures are so incredibly great! I love them. The lighting is fantastic. Awesome job!

Kathryn said...

I just love love love how these turned out. She looks so darling. (of course I'm biased!)
Thank you again, so much! You did such a great job. I can't wait to get it up on my shelf! :)